Having a bad knee and looking for a good exercise bike to speed up recovery? You’re in luck. Here are some of the best exercise bike for bad knees that you can find in the market. It’s a short list but I sure hope this can help you in finding the right exercise machine. After all, each of them already gained so many good reviews and ratings from people who use them. Have a look.
* Has 8 resistance levels. Even on the highest setting the resistance is not very challenging so it certainly won’t put a lot of strain on your joints or cause knee pain. Obviously you should stick with the lowest until your knees are used to it.
* Comes with all the required tools for assembly and easy to assemble by one person.
* Large display, easy to read and understand.
* Sturdy construction. The frame and everything feels solid.
* Has 11 workout programs to keep exercising interesting.
* Seat is comfortable and easy to adjust
* Very affordable.
* Fits a person up to 6’3″ tall
* No need to plug it to a power outlet since the resistance system doesn’t require electricity and the display only uses battery.
* The calorie counter definitely gives exaggerated numbers. The amount of calories burned is most likely half of what is displayed.
* No backlight on the display. Not really a problem if you’re exercising in a well-lit room
* Walk-through frame makes it easy to get seated. This is really a big thing when you have bad knee. With this kind of design you just “slide in” to ride the machine. No need to lift your feet up high.
* Comfortable to use even when you’re a tall person over 6’3″
* Plenty of different exercise programs
* Excellent controls
* Two user profiles to keep track of your preferred settings
* Smooth and quiet operation. If you enjoy exercising while watching TV you won’t need to turn up the TV volume much.
* Comfortable seat with excellent back support
* The assembly, while not difficult, takes quite a while. The assembly instruction is mostly pictures with very few words
* User manual kinda sucks. You should download the updated one from Schwinn website
Write down the bike’s serial number located on the bottom of the front stabilizer before assembling the bike. You’ll need that number to register the bike online
* Uses air resistance. When pedal slowly the resistance is very light. When you are ready you can start pedaling faster to get stronger resistance.
* Great for full body workout. Yes, this exercise bike can strengthen your knees and your upper body at the same time.
* Easy to put together. It’s pretty straightforward and all the required tools are already included.
* Affordable. You can get one for less than $400
* Easy-to-read display showing you the rpm, speed, distance, calories burned and time.
* Blows wind to keep you cool when you pedal
* Small footprint and eye-catching
* No need to plug it into a power outlet
* Seat is pretty hard. You may want to get a gel pad to make it more comfortable.
* No bottle holder
There you go, the top rated exercise bike for people with knee problems. Whether you’re just diagnosed with bad knees, arthritis, recovering from a knee surgery, undergoing a rehab, or any other reasons, these are indeed excellent choices to strengthen your knees and increase your overall fitness.